Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Walk in the Snow

 
This is one view of my walk in the snow today. For fun I marched along my summer jogging route. It usually takes me about 30-35 minutes to jog it in the summer. Today walking in compact snow, it took me about 50 minutes. (Not that I was complaining. It was GORGEOUS!)

Living in an older part of Vegas, I'm surrounded by homes, concrete, and pavement. I love looking towards the mountains in the east, where the temple is, and in the west, where there is a snow cap in the winter, but I miss living closer to the mountains like I did in Provo and Salt Lake. This is why coming to Duck Creek, one of my favorite places on earth, is home to me.

On my walk today I recommitted myself to finding beauty wherever I am. I also drank in the scene around me. I took a picture (literally) to post here and send to my mom (she couldn't make it up here), but also to keep in my mind for those days when I've had enough of the city. It's something I've done since I was a kid. Those scenes and memories have kept me going when my spirit was low.

Below is a small cabin on the edge of the forest service land. It's tiny, but darling, and it's backyard is forest service land for miles. Steve and I hold a dream of owning it someday. We'll see. Owning any cabin (or piece of property up here) would be a dream fulfilled!
 

Copyright 2012 Corrina L. Terry
Photos: Corrina L. Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment