I usually make a few resolutions every year. This year, I plan on keeping up my usual running, reading, writing, etc., but my biggest resolution is to SLOW DOWN.
I find myself running 60 miles an hour every single day. By Friday after school, I am exhausted, run down, and miserable. (And that's going to sleep every night by 10pm and waking up at 5:20am. That's 7 1/2 hours of sleep! I could get more sleep, but I think that should be enough.) No more dragging. I can't take it another week.
So . . . here's my plan.
1. DE-stress. Don't worry so much about EVERYTHING. I can't solve every students' problems. I can't save the world. I can solve my sons' problems and my hubby's problems though. Don't take everything so seriously. The world will not end if my house is still a construction zone a year from now.
2. Make sure I'm eating good foods every 2 hours. (Low blood sugar issues that leave me up and down all day. Eating regularly helps keep my moods even.)
3. Still go to sleep by 10pm; earlier, if I can.
4. Continue to take the guys to their music lessons and Mutual. Smile about it. This time with them is fleeting. Some of the best conversations I've had with them has been in the car driving them somewhere.
5. Remember the beauty around me through what I see or through my memories.
6. Slow down.
Copyright 2013 Corrina L. Terry