Saturday, January 26, 2013

My Guys


If you know me at all by now, you know I'm a mom to two boys and we're a blended family. Never in a million years did I think I'd only physically bear one child and become a stepmother to another! It has been a learning experience for all of us. There are absolutely amazing days and darn difficult days, but thinking back to my own childhood, probably not too much different from a non-blended family, except that there are more people (bio parents, grandparents, etc.) and feelings involved.

I love my kids and my hubby. I pray for them every day, sometimes several times throughout the day, depending of much patience I have. ;o) As the boys grow older, I worry about how well I've done as a parent, and am sometimes kept awake at night thinking about what I could've done differently. But peace is found after prayer and the acceptance that my boys learn from their mistakes and they have lots of love and support from Steve and me.

My guys give me more happiness and pure joy in watching them accomplish things than they will ever know. For a girl who dreamed of having three or four kids, and at least 1 girl, Heavenly Father knew what he was doing when He gave me my guys.

Copyright 2013 Corrina L. Terry
Photo: Corrina L. Terry, Lake Mead National Recreation Area, NV, 1/13.

No comments:

Post a Comment