Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Faith



Who is this woman in the mirror I see?
  This woman there in front of me.

Forty-one years
 of laugh lines,
  of joy,
   of faith,
    of sorrow and heartbreak.

Forty-one years of learning
 the gospel,
  the scriptures,
  the Savior, Jesus Christ.

Forty-one years
 of trial and error,
  forgiveness and trust;
   never giving up.

Copyright 2011 Corrina L. Terry
Picture credit: www.juztimage.com

This poem is for my YW Personal Progress Faith project. (Yes, I'm an adult leader working on it AGAIN.)

I wrote a similar poem when I was 16, looking forward into my future and questioning what I would experience and who I would become. (I need to find it and post it.)  I love this one because I incorporated faith and the gospel, not just life experiences. :o) Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment