Sunday, November 6, 2011

Making Peace



My friend, Ron, posted this picture on Facebook. I smiled when I saw it, knowing how true it is, and copied it for my blog.

I haven't written or even felt like writing in months. Once my sister's blog was attacked by an unknown hate blogger, I lost some of my joy in writing here. It didn't feel safe. Even when I turned my once public blog into a private one, I felt sick knowing there were people out there looking for nice blogs to destroy.

So I wrote poems and essays in my mind, cataloging them there for later. (If I remember them later, that is.)

Then I saw this picture. I admit, I made judgement calls about several people I know who are not at peace with who they are; always searching for the better car, the next house, the better spouse. They hate how they look or the life situation they were either born in or find themselves in. People who are so unhappy that they have little to no peace. Then I realized, shame on me, I needed to be judging myself.

Am I at peace with who I am? Most of the time. Am I content with what I have? Most of the time. I have my moments.

I count myself one of the luckiest people in the world. I was born to great parents and a large, fun family in a free country. I believe in a God who loves me, and am part of a religion that is truly fulfilling. I am blessed with a child I should never have been able to have, and after heartbreak I found an amazing man I love to spend the rest of my life with.

So I'll keep this picture to remind myself to be at peace; to count my blessings; to be content.

Copyright 2011 Corrina L. Terry
Picture courtesy of Ron via Facebook



No comments:

Post a Comment