Thursday, August 5, 2010

Shout-Outs

Today I have the writing blahs. I’m tired and unmotivated to be creative. (All I want to do is drink a chocolate milkshake like the one above.)

I have enjoyed reading other people’s blogs and perusing through websites, so I thought I’d share my finds instead of writing something new today. (Besides my sis Terresa tells me it’s good karma to do blog “shout-outs” for other people’s blogs. I need some good karma today.) Here are my shout-outs. :o)




Best Poetry Blog:

http://thechocolatechipwaffle.blogspot.com/

Terresa is one of my (very talented) siblings. She writes like a dream and takes her work very seriously. She’s a great example of a writer, mom, sister, and friend. Plus she always finds the coolest pictures to go with her poems and essays.



Funniest Blog:

http://theblogocheese.blogspot.com/

Hands down Cheeseboy is the FUNNIEST blogger I have ever read. He reminds me of my younger brother AJ (if AJ ever discovered blogging and wrote down half the stuff he and his four boys do.) Cheeseboy will make you laugh--even if he went to the U of U. (No one’s perfect.) ;o)



Great Site to Keep Track of the Books You Read:

http://www.goodreads.com/

I can’t remember who turned me on to Goodreads, but I love it! I can keep track of all of the books I’ve read, make lists of books I’d like to read, compare what I’m reading with others, post and read book reviews and see authors’ pages. Feel free to find me on Goodreads and add me as a friend.



Best Cook on TV:

http://www.thecookingguy.com/

Sam the Cooking Guy. (Sigh.) I may have a teeny, tiny crush on Sam. (Yes, my hubby knows this. It’s a sensitive subject in our home.) I got hooked on his TV show a couple of years ago when I had insomnia (it was on at a weird hour) and then turned to his website for recipes when I couldn’t remember exact ingredients. He makes fairly simple recipes that you would actually eat!

He’s funny and a great cook. (He made the BEST Kettle Corn recipe ever this summer and I’ve been hooked ever since. Here’s the link to his recipe. http://www.thecookingguy.com/cookbook/recipe.php?id=280

If it doesn’t work let me know and I’ll just post it.)



Great Site to Get Used Books:

http://www.paperbackswap.com/index.php

I’ve been using Paperback Swap to trade books for years. Basically you sign up, post the books you want to get rid of, agree to pay postage (printable from your home printer) for a book someone wants, and then mail it. You get a point for every book you mail which you can then redeem for a book you want from someone else. (They will pay the postage to send it to you!) It’s saved me hundreds of dollars and I’ve found obscure books I need to use in a lesson that I can’t find anywhere else (or it’s a heck of a lot cheaper.)



For More Information About My Religion:

http://mormon.org/

People often ask me questions about my church and my beliefs. I can answer them, but I know people may feel more comfortable reading about it at home alone, instead of me talking their ears off. There are many misconceptions out there about us Mormons and the LDS Church. I have recently found this website the church put out and am grateful for it. There is lots of info and personal stories about other people (probably more normal than me) who are LDS. :o)





Best Writing Prompts:

http://magpietales.blogspot.com/

I was looking for inspiration to write this summer and my sis Terresa persuaded me to check out Willow’s Magpie Tales. I’m so glad I did. It’s been good practice writing (she takes a picture and posts it once a week) and you get response from other writers. I’ve really enjoyed it.



I’ll stop there for now. I’m always on the look out for good blogs and websites, so if you happen to know of one I might enjoy or the owner wouldn't mind sharing, let me know. Have a great day!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, thank you. I am so honored. I am so glad you still find my blog funny.

    I love Terresa's stuff too. She is quite the talented writer.

    Now, I should probably learn more about these "Mormons" of which you speak. (J/k)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..would have use for a chocolate milkshake as well... and thanks for listing the blogs - have to check 'em out
    claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. cheeseboy is funny!

    that milk shake looks so yum!

    some of those sites listed i know, others are new to me.
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the shout out, sis! You are a dear heart, and an excellent writer yourself! See ya @ the pool later today? :)

    ReplyDelete